B2B businesses that want to thrive and stay competitive in today’s market need to have a thorough understanding of their industry and the latest relevant statistics. B2B market research and analysis provides information about customers, competitors, opportunities and risks in a particular industry. Additionally, B2B marketing research practices and supporting tools can help B2B companies increase revenue and stay competitive.
Marketing Technology News: Using real-time customer insights to drive online engagement
B2B marketing research
A business sells products or services to another business in a business-to-business transaction. A series of B2B transactions consisting of multiple B2B products and services is behind every excellent consumer product. The technique of investigating the opinions, motivations, and actions of B2B buyers is known as B2B marketing research. B2B companies use this information collected through B2B marketing research tools to inform their sales and marketing efforts.
To win in a competitive transaction cycle, B2B companies must first analyze the strengths and weaknesses of their rivals.
Methods for Conducting B2B Marketing Research
There are two types of methods for conducting a B2B marketing study
- Main method of research – This method of B2B marketing research involves direct dialogue with the public, which must be targeted to understand their behaviors and attitudes. The methodologies used during these meetings can be qualitative or quantitative.
- Secondary research – The secondary research method is also known as the B2B market desk research method. This method is a cost effective, simple and fast approach to get more consumers.
Secondary research data is frequently used to help develop primary research questions, such as compiling a list of rivals to include in a survey. In addition, desk research can help achieve some of the main project objectives.
Tools for B2B marketing research
B2B marketing tools are essential for obtaining the necessary data that acts as credible insights into customer behaviors. Some of the more well-known tools that can help:
Marketing Technology News: Native Ads in B2B Advertising and Marketing; Some good practices
- Tools for customer satisfaction – Positive customer feedback can be one of the most effective promotion methods for a business. However, it can be difficult to figure out how to get customer feedback. These customer satisfaction tools help B2B teams collect feedback and improve the quality of the products offered.
- InMoment – InMoment is a cloud-based customer experience management software for B2B companies that allows them to collect data and other information from their customers. They allow B2B companies to make strategic decisions based on the stories and experiences of their customers. This platform will help B2B companies sift through consumer comments, responses and other related data in real time with meaningful insights.
- Qualaroo- Qualaroo is one of the best marketing research tools for B2B companies that helps them collect valuable customer data. Qualaroo will help you run a survey on your website or app, analyze customer feedback text to measure satisfaction, and also help you understand consumer behavior and identify buyer profiles. As a result, you will have a good knowledge of your customers through the use of the solutions provided by Qualaroo.
Content Marketing Tools – For B2B companies to create a successful marketing plan, they must first understand what material their audience is consuming, sharing, linking and enjoying. Understanding this helps a lot when it comes to B2B marketing research. Tools that can help with content marketing research are:
- Bombora- Bombora is a great tool for B2B companies to identify their target consumers. The content research marketing research tool enables B2B companies to select which accounts to prioritize and target by finding the latest and most popular industry trends. B2B companies can create reports with all the information to separate companies by topic and determine what content to focus on.
- BuzzSumo – BuzzoSumo is a marketing research tool for content research. This helps B2B companies quickly determine what content is working effectively and who are the key influencers behind its popularity. B2B companies receive notifications based on keywords, brand names, links, author names, domain names and track their competitors’ businesses by analyzing their offers. BuzzoSumo solutions are the best for discovering keywords, generating story ideas and seeing trends on social networks. BuzzoSumo also offers a current trending section, meaning B2B companies won’t miss the latest industry topics and ideas; it helps them to stay up to date with all the information in the market.
Marketing research can help your B2B business better understand market circumstances and prepare for changes. A trained market research partner can take over the research work while providing more sophisticated analysis of the results. These results are important for planning the next steps. B2B marketing research and supporting tools play a huge role in the success of B2B organizations.
Marketing Technology News: What can marketers do to improve brand perception through better customer testimonials?